Sunday 25 August 2013

AWOL and a knitted headband

Hi all, just a very quick check in. It's been a bit quiet on here recently mainly because we're going through a bit of a stressful time at the moment with a family illness so I haven't been in the mood for sewing or blogging. I'm not sure when things will settle down so I may be away from here for a while.

Although my sewing machine hasn't seen the light of day for ages, I haven't been entirely craftless as I have been knitting instead. It's relaxing and therapeutic and very portable which is great seeing as we've been up and down the country a fair bit due to the family situation.

I made a knitted headband a good few weeks ago which is atrocious quality (I misread the instructions, oops!) but it will do to keep hair out of my fringe when I'm running...



And I've made a really good start on the Wheat scarf, the first of the learn-to-knit series of patterns called The Simple Collection from Tin Can Knits. The photo below was taken about two weeks back and I've done a load more since then - I'm about three quarters of the way through in fact!


So hopefully things will be returning to normal fairly soon but in the meantime I'll be abandoning the blog for a little while. I'll still be putting wip photos on Instagram and Ravelry (miniandmerky on both) no doubt so keep in touch!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about the family illness, Sabs. I hope things get better soon. Your scarf is looking great - knitting is such a great, portable craft for times like what you're going through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gail. Think I'm getting into my knitting more and more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. English Girl at Home27 August 2013 at 13:30

    Hi Sabs, sorry to hear your news. I'm glad you've managed to practise your knitting while travelling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, things are starting to settle now so I should be back sewing again soon...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please leave me a comment. Thanks!