Saturday 25 May 2013

Lo-lo top


I'm calling this my lo-lo top. It was supposed to be a hi-lo top. They seem to be all the rage at the moment and I thought I'd be trendy but in the end I was too lazy.

It's based on the Sorbetto, just lengthened and with a curved hem. All French seamed as the fabric (leftover from my turquoise Washi dress) is just that bit too sheer to leave unsightly seams on show. The neck and arm holes are finished with bias binding but I did my first proper rolled hem. Ooh, get me!


Well, when I say "proper" what I really mean is "wonky"


Lazy because I cut the back and front pieces the same size with the curved hem and then couldn't be bothered to recut the front piece shorter.

Hmm, does my bum look big in this?
Why, YES!

2 comments:

  1. That's great that you had enough leftover fabric. The hem looks fine from the outside and that is what counts! V. cute with the leggings. I hope this shows up...disqus is being annoying again tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it has shown (but I only just saw it hence the delay in replying, sorry!) I wholeheartedly agree - as long as stuff looks ok on the outside, who cares? (Well, me I suppose, but no-one else knows!)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please leave me a comment. Thanks!